Guest Lecture on Marketing During Covid Times – Mr. Gaurav PhullPosts by JSB
The onset of Pandemic since the beginning of the current year has led to drastic changes in the way the Businesses were being done until then. The pandemic brought along with it uncertainties of economic performance and the need to change or devise new models for sustenance. To understand these changing scenario, JSB held a session with a Senior Management personnel from one of the leading Brands and manufacturer of tyres CEAT SPECIALTY – the off-highway tyres division of CEAT. Mr. Gaurav Phull who is the Head of Marketing at the organisation. interacted with the students and shared his experience and tips on thriving under the changed circumstances.
With over 15 years of illustrious experience in leading brands in India and Global markets, Mr. Phull has played a pivotal role in various business verticals at CEAT before taking up the current role with CEAT Specialty.
An alumnus of Delhi University, Mr. Phull completed his MBA in marketing from IMI, Delhi. He has been part of CEAT for over a decade, leaving CEAT for a brief period to serve as a Business Head at Safexpress Pvt. Ltd. He rejoined CEAT Tyres in 2014 as Category Head. He worked extensively in the commercial tyres marketing side, in the stint with CEAT.
Dr. Jitendra Mishra , Director welcomed Mr. Gaurav Phull and elaborated on how Covid has transformed the marketing landscape. He further thanked him for sparing his valuable time despite his busy work schedule.
Mr. Gaurav elucidated on changes in the business models and consumer behavior in the tyre category , especially the tractor tyres. He highlighted the following:
- Farmers currently spending more than 3 hours per day online
- Rural ecosystem- Pre-covid and current
- Transition from Traditional influencers to Digital influencers.
- Significance of collaboration with agri apps
- Brand message integration in the Digital Entertainment space
- Importance of social listening
- Brands need to be agile
Key learning from the session
- Do pilots whenever in doubt. Learning helps; never shy away from trying
- Map customer touch-points for better reach
- Leverage ‘Moment Marketing; CEAT as a strategic partner in IPL
- Be open to all types of feedback.