Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC)
The Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC) at Jaipuria School of Business, Indirapuram, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh is in process and will be established under AICTE Startup policy. This Council aims to foster the Innovation and Entrepreneurial mindset. This Council will encourage, inspire and nurture young students by exposing them to new ideas and processes resulting in innovative activities in their formative years. In order to adopt the National innovation and Start-up Policy at the institution level, core-committee is constituted by the Jaipuria School of Business to formulate detailed guidelines for various aspects related to innovation, Startup, Research, and entrepreneurship management. This committee will be deliberating on various facets for nurturing the innovation and Startup culture in the institution, which will be covering Intellectual Property ownership, norms for technology transfer, and commercialization. Subsequent to the release of the Startup policy by AICTE and interaction with industry advisors and mentors, a comprehensive policy guiding document will be prepared
Objectives of the Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC)
- Setting direction towards streamlining and establishing a strong start-up ecosystem in campus and region.
- Developing an Innovative and Entrepreneurial Mind-set through Series of Activities.
- To encourage, inspire and nurture young leaders by facilitating and supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes.
- To provide mentorship and develop entrepreneurial skills among students.
- To provide infrastructure support for early-stage enterprise development.
- To develop and implement Innovation & Entrepreneurship strategy and policy for the entire institute in order to integrate the entrepreneurial activities.
- To enhance in-house competency development to serve potential and early-stage entrepreneurs and student innovators at the institute.
- To strengthen the inter-departmental and inter-institutional collaboration, incubators and other ecosystem enablers at different levels.
- Promoting the Research Environment in the institute.
Working Framework (Function) of the Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC)
- Organizing co-curricular events related to Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Facilitating students/faculty members to participate in different co-curricular events related to Innovation and Entrepreneurship organized by external organizations.
- Facilitating short-term courses on Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Organizing activities related MDP, EDP, FDP, Employment Generation Skill Development Programs related to Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Facilitating the faculty members, students for publishing research papers with Keywords – Innovation, and Entrepreneurship in Scopus journals and UGC approved Journals.
- Organizing FDP related to Research, Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
- Adoption of National Innovation and Start-up Policy.
- Participation in Smart India Hackathon.
- Organizing Hackathons, Business Plan Competitions etc. with the involvement of industries.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Facilitating the participation of students in National Education Alliance of Technology (NEAT) courses.
Chairperson: Prof (Dr) Tapan Kumar Nayak
Coordinator: Prof (Dr) Nitin Kr Saxena
Member: Dr. Vivek Soni
Industry Advisors: Mr. Sushil Aggarwal, CMD, AVRO India Pvt Ltd
Support Staff: Ms. Sarla Rawat, Program Manager