Workshop on Basic Econometrics using ExcelPosts by JSB
Jaipuria School of Business, Indirapuram organised a one day workshop on ‘Basic Econometrics using Excel’ on Feb 1, 2019. The resource person of the session was Dr Tarun Kr Soni, Consultant, Commodity Derivatives Division Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, New Delhi. This session was organised for PGDM 2018-20 Batch. He covered the topics on Methodology of Econometrics, Types of data, Correlation, Single Equation Linear Regression, Multiple Regression and Hypothesis Testing using Excel.
• Students learnt to design Hypothesis
• They learnt to extract and arrange data on Excel from various sources viz. RBI handbook of Statistics and use it for further insight
• Further they learnt to independently calculate statistical parameters such as correlation regression and hypothesis testing on Excel
• Based on the acquired knowledge they learnt to interpret the meaning of the calculated statistical indicators
• They also learnt to choose a statistical method for solving practical problems
The session was very interactive and the students gained the hands-on experience which is going to help them in research projects.